"Superior rates of return over the long term can be obtained by purchasing high quality, dividend paying securities of companies that are leaders in their industry and have a proven track record of accomplishment."
What is a value investment?
We believe that a company must possess strong financial characteristics, have sound economic fundamentals and be reasonably priced in order to qualify as a Value investment. As an added PLUS, a catalyst must exist to create shareholder wealth that will be reflected in its stock price.
What do we look for in a value investment?
- We focus on the company as an investment, not just its stock
- The company’s management: capable, focused on the shareholder
- The company’s balance sheet: strong, with good cash flow, appropriate leverage
- The company’s profits: reinvested productively
- The company’s business: large, stable, yet still growing